East Lyme Public Safety
Wants to Remind you to:
- Wear a bicycle helmet every time you get on a bike. Helmets can reduce your risk of head injury by up to 85% in a bicycle crash.
- Supervise younger children and assure that they ride with supervision in safe areas away from traffic.
- Teach and have older children practice the “rules of the road“ for safe biking.
- Make sure bicycles are in good repair and the right size for the children riding them.
- Wearing clothing with reflective materials can help make bicyclists more visible.
- For more information on bicycle safety for your and your family, click on the photo above.
Stay safe and enjoy your summer!